Tomorrow afternoon, I will be emceeing the Nomacorc Twitter Taste-off at the Drink Local Wine conference in Denver. Two dozen Colorado wineries will each be pouring two wines to a group of wine writers and approximately 150 consumers. Every person will be tasting and tweeting their thoughts, opinions and desires about Colorado wine. Their tweets will be displayed on screens at the taste-off, and everyone involved can follow the discussion - I encourage followers and wine lovers from around the world to join in on the fun. You can follow the conversation on Twitter on April 28 from 2 to 5 p.m. MDT using the hashtags #drinklocal and #colwine. Don't forget, this tasting is a "competition;" the media's choice and the People's choice will be recognized as the best wines of the afternoon.
Some pointers for those of you participating:
1. Tweet often!
2. Be honest. Sometimes constructive criticism is necessary. (Wineries, don't be offended if someone doesn't like your wine, it is not a personal attack on you.)
2. Retweet other's comments on your favorite wines.
3. When you're not tweeting, take advantage of being able to talk directly with the people responsible fro crafting the wine. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about what makes Colorado wine special.
4. Don't be afraid to spit. With almost 50 wines being offered, we don't want to have to clean up any messes or remove overly indulgent guests...
5. Use the hashtags #drinklocal and #colwine. This is our best way of generating buzz for Colorado wine at this event.
6. Have fun!
If you're there, be sure to stop by and say hi to me!